How would you answer these questions?
Could you provide answers from the Bible?
- What is sin?
- When does one become a sinner?
- How would you prove that someone is a sinner?
- What is guilt?
- Why does God punish sin forever in hell if the sin lasted only a moment? Such “doesn’t seem fair!”
- Is repentance necessary for salvation? Why?
- What is “faith”? What does it mean to “believe”?
- Is belief in Christ’s deity/substitutionary sacrifice/resurrection essential for salvation? Why?
- Why did God have to send Jesus to earth and punish him for our sins? Wasn’t there another way?
- The Roman Catholic Church does believe that one has to have faith in Christ for salvation. Yet it also teaches that works are essential. How does the Catholic Church reconcile these two seemingly different beliefs?
- What do the Amish believe about salvation?
- Can you give the gospel to someone clearly and with confidence?
Ten classes will cover these and other crucial issues that revolve around the gospel. These meetings will provide clear and understandable lessons with opportunity for Q&A.
These classes will help you learn and be convinced of these essential truths. Additionally, they will help you to be able to meet the spiritual demands of our day by being “equipped for every good work” (see 2 Timothy 3:14-17).
Classes will begin the week of Labor Day, from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Two locations are available:
- SW Ashtabula County: the Windsor Community Center, on Route 322, ½ mile west of Route 534 (Tuesdays)
- NE Ashtabula County: Ring family farm, 4733 Root Rd Conneaut, OH 44030 (Thursdays)
If you’re not able to attend the classes, you can take the class by correspondence. Notes can be printed out for you or you can download them from the internet.
This class is open to anyone high school age or older.
To encourage attendance, there is no charge for the class or notes, but donations are accepted to help defray costs.
Notes will be provided; bring a Bible, but extra Bibles will be available if you don’t have one or forget yours.
For more information, contact Pastor Dan Greenfield at (440) 474-3908 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To take the class, please
sign up during regular church services
or let Pastor Greenfield know!