Study Sheet for Sunday, October 20, 2013
These questions will help prepare you for next Sunday afternoon’s lesson which will focus on how to interpret the Bible, including prophecy and the book of Revelation.
- Remember or look up John 3:16. What does the word “world” mean? How do you know? Is there something in the verse that guides your interpretation?
- Read Philemon 10. Did you know that Paul had a baby while he was in prison?! Could this verse mean that? How do you know?
- Do you know what “mystery” means in Ephesians 3:4, 9? Why is it important to know the right meaning of this word?
- What does “kiss of love” mean in 1 Peter 5:14? How did Peter and those whom he wrote to understand it? Do you fulfill this command exactly as they did? Why or why not?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:32. Are these just different words referring to the same people? Why or why not?
- Read Isaiah 35:1–2. What are the different ways it could be interpreted? J How do you know what is the right one?