In this chapter, Israel is circumcised; manna ceases; the Captain of the Lord meets Joshua.
- God is concerned for the honor of His people for His honor is wrapped up with them, v. 9
- Don’t expect extraordinary support when needs can be met from ordinary means, v. 12
- God’s gifts match our needs, vv. 10–12
- God’s encouragements increase proportionate to our difficulties, vv. 13–15
- God’s help and encouragement are found as we obey Him with diligence and sincerity, vv. 13–15
- What God by His Word requires of us He by His grace works in us