Some thoughts for meditation following our daily devotional Scripture reading that is provided each week.
Balak again believed the Lord would be influenced and changed by moving to a different of location.
Through Balaam God said:
- Israel is beautiful and abundant, 5-7a
- Israel’s King and kingdom will be greater than any other, 7b
- Israel will destroy the nations who are their enemies, 8-9a
- Israel’s success lies with their God who promised such to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, 9b
- Israel’s glorious future King (“Star…Scepter”) will utterly destroy their enemies gathered against them, 15-24
- God is neither fickle nor faithless; he is immutable, true, and faithful.
- Israel’s prospects and greatness are entirely due to the Lord.
- No nation, no matter how great, powerful, and conniving, can stand against the Lord and his people Israel.
- God is praised through the mouths of his very enemies, and he even raises them up to show the greatness of his power by destroying them (Psa 76:10; Rom 9:17).